develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2018

Re: Perl 5.28.0 is now available!

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
June 26, 2018 19:07
Re: Perl 5.28.0 is now available!
Message ID:
20180626210648.3b100bd2@pc09.procura.nl
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 20:08:48 -0600, Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> wrote:

>   When we look at modern man we have to face the fact that modern man
>   suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit which stands in glaring
>   contrast with his scientific and technological abundance. We've
>   learned to fly the air as birds, we've learned to swim the seas as
>   fish, yet we haven't learned to walk the earth as brothers and
>   sisters.
>
>     -- Martin Luther King Jr., 1967
>
> We are delighted to announce perl v5.28.0, the first stable release of
> version 28 of Perl 5.
>
> You will soon be able to download Perl 5.28.0 from your favorite CPAN
> mirror or find it at:
>
> https://metacpan.org/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.28.0/

Installed as default perl on my laptop including all modules I had
installed under 5.26.2

I counted a whopping 12141 .pm files in the new tree(s)

I needed some 'use lib '.';' in some Makefile.PL's
The were about 6 distro's that complained about unescaped left brace
(and thus failed the test)

The only module that failed was Crypt::SSLeay
I don't think I should care anymore

Thanks to all who contributed to this new release!

using perl5.00307 .. 5.27   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE