develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2018

ext/GDBM_File/t/fatal.t: 2 test failures in perl-5.28.0-RC4

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
June 22, 2018 21:17
Subject:
ext/GDBM_File/t/fatal.t: 2 test failures in perl-5.28.0-RC4
Message ID:
c3b341fd-4bb0-69b0-753d-7324effeeb66@pobox.com
On irc.perl.org #p5p today, rindolf reported a failure in the test suite
for perl-5.28.0-RC4.  He provided this link:

http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/text/build.perl-5.28.0-RC4.log.txt

DDG-ing for the test description -- Trapped error when attempting to
write to knobbled GDBM_File -- I was very quickly brought back to RT:

https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=117967

In that ticket we eventually concluded that there were problems upstream
in GDBM that were outside our ability to correct.  We implemented a
skip_all for tests run on darwin -- the platform with the greatest
instance of test failures.

I suspect that here, too, the problem will be upstream.  Shlomi, please
file a bug ticket via 'perlbug'.  However, absent evidence that this was
introduced during the 5.27 development cycle, I do not believe we should
treat this as a blocker for the release of perl-5.28.0.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan