develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2018

Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?

From:
bulk88
Date:
June 13, 2018 17:43
Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?
Message ID:
20180613174258.28690.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Karl Williamson wrote:
> For the past few days, I've been getting this:
>
> ยง ssh -v perl5.git.perl.org
> OpenSSH_7.6p1 Ubuntu-4, OpenSSL 1.0.2n  7 Dec 2017
> debug1: Reading configuration data /home/khw/.ssh/config
> debug1: /home/khw/.ssh/config line 1: Applying options for *
> debug1: /home/khw/.ssh/config line 8: Applying options for *
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
> debug1: Connecting to perl5.git.perl.org [37.10.29.195] port 22.
> debug1: connect to address 37.10.29.195 port 22: Connection refused
> ssh: connect to host perl5.git.perl.org port 22: Connection refused
>
> I know of no changes on my end that would cause this.  This last time
> there was about 24 hours between my attempts.
>
> On #irc, people thought BooK was the person to contact, but an email to
> him has so far been unanswered.
>
> Any suggestions?

Change your IP address. If you have a cable modem, change the MAC
address "WAN MAC cloning" in the router, then reboot the cable modem,
you should have a new IP address. Verify with a website like
https://www.whatismyip.com/ or https://www.dnsstuff.com/ that it
changed. The perl git server is really easy for me to get a 24 hour IP
address firewall block if I login wrong 2-3 times via SSH. In my
experience, that firewall also blocks the public HTTP gitweb
https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git interface if I am blocked on port 22.