develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2018

Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?

From:
Michiel Beijen
Date:
June 13, 2018 08:15
Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?
Message ID:
CABD0r10gCCw1pARh-x-CGsAJVny=iUO9JDup5BZ-ZWzxzkut7Q@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 6:49 PM, Karl Williamson
<public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
>> Try taking your laptop to a coffee shop and see if that makes a
>> difference, or connect to a VPN first if you have access to one.  The
>> reverse DNS on the server hosting the repository is severe and a bit
>> buggy.  It decided months ago that it did not like my home network
>> (even though nothing there had changed) and I have not been able to
>> connect from home since.  Works fine from every other network I've
>> been on.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't own a working laptop

Then you can maybe SSH into some host on the internet and use that as
a 'stepping stone'. If you also don't have access to some host on the
internet, maybe you can spin up an instance on Amazon EC2 or Azure.
You can configure your .ssh/config on your local machine to forward to
perl5.git.perl.org via this host.

--
Michiel