develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2018

Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
June 12, 2018 16:49
Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?
Message ID:
9215f15c-c951-aa91-9d58-3006c0aa9908@khwilliamson.com
On 06/12/2018 10:20 AM, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Karl Williamson
> <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
>> For the past few days, I've been getting this:
>>
>> ยง ssh -v perl5.git.perl.org
>> OpenSSH_7.6p1 Ubuntu-4, OpenSSL 1.0.2n  7 Dec 2017
>> debug1: Reading configuration data /home/khw/.ssh/config
>> debug1: /home/khw/.ssh/config line 1: Applying options for *
>> debug1: /home/khw/.ssh/config line 8: Applying options for *
>> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
>> debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
>> debug1: Connecting to perl5.git.perl.org [37.10.29.195] port 22.
>> debug1: connect to address 37.10.29.195 port 22: Connection refused
>> ssh: connect to host perl5.git.perl.org port 22: Connection refused
>>
>> I know of no changes on my end that would cause this.  This last time there
>> was about 24 hours between my attempts.
>>
>> On #irc, people thought BooK was the person to contact, but an email to him
>> has so far been unanswered.
>
> Last I heard it was Peter Molnar.
>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Try taking your laptop to a coffee shop and see if that makes a
> difference, or connect to a VPN first if you have access to one.  The
> reverse DNS on the server hosting the repository is severe and a bit
> buggy.  It decided months ago that it did not like my home network
> (even though nothing there had changed) and I have not been able to
> connect from home since.  Works fine from every other network I've
> been on.

Unfortunately, I don't own a working laptop