develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2018

Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
June 12, 2018 16:20
Re: I can't access the repository. Who to contact?
Message ID:
CA+vYcVxzFZAszOzvFhEEashibYLgBLDLHVseGe_p5Xe_qDud+Q@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Karl Williamson
<public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
> For the past few days, I've been getting this:
>
> ยง ssh -v perl5.git.perl.org
> OpenSSH_7.6p1 Ubuntu-4, OpenSSL 1.0.2n  7 Dec 2017
> debug1: Reading configuration data /home/khw/.ssh/config
> debug1: /home/khw/.ssh/config line 1: Applying options for *
> debug1: /home/khw/.ssh/config line 8: Applying options for *
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
> debug1: Connecting to perl5.git.perl.org [37.10.29.195] port 22.
> debug1: connect to address 37.10.29.195 port 22: Connection refused
> ssh: connect to host perl5.git.perl.org port 22: Connection refused
>
> I know of no changes on my end that would cause this.  This last time there
> was about 24 hours between my attempts.
>
> On #irc, people thought BooK was the person to contact, but an email to him
> has so far been unanswered.

Last I heard it was Peter Molnar.

> Any suggestions?

Try taking your laptop to a coffee shop and see if that makes a
difference, or connect to a VPN first if you have access to one.  The
reverse DNS on the server hosting the repository is severe and a bit
buggy.  It decided months ago that it did not like my home network
(even though nothing there had changed) and I have not been able to
connect from home since.  Works fine from every other network I've
been on.