develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2018

[perl #133210] Warning on nonexistent bareword filehandle

From:
Ed Avis via RT
Date:
May 18, 2018 08:28
Subject:
[perl #133210] Warning on nonexistent bareword filehandle
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-23615-1526632130-1922.133210-15-0@perl.org
My bad, for some reason I forgot that -w enables both run-time and compile-time warnings.

I was thinking that the compile-time check would have to fall under 'use strict', since that's the thing that turns off barewords generally, so it might deal with bareword filehandles too.

Any chance of a 'use strict' variant to turn off bareword filehandles in the same way as other barewords?
In core, I mean.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open