develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2018

delay loading DLLs for Mingw GCC Win32 perls

From:
bulk88
Date:
May 17, 2018 05:42
Subject:
delay loading DLLs for Mingw GCC Win32 perls
Message ID:
20180517054225.28685.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
I've had this code as a WIP for some years. Cleaned it up. Patches the
poor implementation binutils devs (really one dev) did to make it. I
almost want to rewrite all of the delay load infrastructure for GCC from
scratch myself using perl+gas. This patch is for a CPAN module, but the
code will have to be copy pasted into "win32/[GNU]Makefile[.mk]". I'm
not sure how to write this code in a maintainable way. Since currently
all I can think of is 2 copies of the 3 files mkdlylib.PL nulldlydescr.c
setdlyhdr.PL in core repo. One for libperl.dll (p5p) and one for
Win32.dll (cpan).