develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2018

[perl #133135] Blead Breaks CPAN:ZEFRAM/Lexical-SealRequireHints-0.011.tar.gz

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 15, 2018 17:31
Subject:
[perl #133135] Blead Breaks CPAN:ZEFRAM/Lexical-SealRequireHints-0.011.tar.gz
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-32632-1526405508-640.133135-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 06:02:50 GMT, slaven@rezic.de wrote:
> Dana Mon, 23 Apr 2018 05:59:01 -0700, davem reče:
> > >
> > > But note, that those few properties are going to stop loading
> > > utf8.pm
> > > early
> > > in 5.29.
> >
> > Given that the module needs fixing rather than perl, and that the
> > module
> > is maintained by Zefram, I don't see any need to keep this ticket as
> > 5.28 blocker.
>
> Having a stable release where more than 100 CPAN distributions are not
> buildable anymore is just bad user experience. A blocker ticket does
> not have to mean that something have to be changed in the perl
> interpreter, but that at least there should be some management done to
> fix this situation.

Today I posted in https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=125176 confirming the value of the patch submitted by Aaron Crane and requesting that the upstream maintainer apply it and issue a new CPAN release.

Thank you very much.
--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---