develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2018

Re: [perl #133152] Cygwin build failure with v5.27.11-16-g71e845c342

From:
Achim Gratz
Date:
May 1, 2018 18:56
Re: [perl #133152] Cygwin build failure with v5.27.11-16-g71e845c342
Message ID:
87in87w6h6.fsf@Rainer.invalid
Karl Williamson writes:
>> You'd have to ask someone who knows the details of how the feature test
>> macros work, probably Yaakov Selkowitz.  And no, I don't think you
>> should redefine any macros that are already existing.
>
> So a potential fix for this is to not fortify the source for this platform?

No, the platform default is FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 adn I'd not veer from it
for such a key piece of the whole.  I haven't yet had the chance to look
into what exactly happens, but at least until the recently released
5.26.2 fortification was possible and produced no such errors; that was
using the same Cygwin and compiler version I think.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: