develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: [perl #133136] Bisect.pl broken for 3 commits in blead

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
April 30, 2018 20:38
Re: [perl #133136] Bisect.pl broken for 3 commits in blead
Message ID:
b03c89f4-6cef-259e-88a5-7a7fc30fcd66@gmail.com

On 04/26/2018 03:09 AM, Karl Williamson wrote:
> On 04/25/2018 04:41 PM, Karl Williamson via RT wrote:
>> The attached commit fixes the problem
>>

> I believe this patch should go into 5.28.0, and am putting this ticket
> on the blockers list so that it will be discussed at least.

I agree to this.

> 1) This changes only a Porting/ script so does not affect theĀ  perl
> interpreter code at all, nor its tests.

This is the main reason I'm okay with it.

> 2) It fixes a bug that could otherwise create hassles in finding bugs
> when they occur.

And this is why it's important.