develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: Storable 3.09

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
April 22, 2018 09:23
Re: Storable 3.09
Message ID:
60794540-6ea4-72c8-ed0a-f575eab0f346@gmail.com

On 04/21/2018 09:08 PM, Slaven Rezic wrote:
> Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> TL;DR
>>
>> I released Storable 3.09 to CPAN. It includes a *lot* of changes.
>>
>> Long form:
>>
>> Storable received a lot of attention by Reini Urban and Tony Cook which
>> did not make it to CPAN[1] and it was time to fix that situation.
>>
>> As part of this work, I also explicitly defined the license for Storable
>> in the metadata, which appeared as "unknown" up until now.
>>
>> Thanks to Ilmari (as usual) and the MetaCPAN team (especially Mickey
>> Nasriachi) for helping me sort out how to cleanly upload this and
>> resolving metadata problems.
>>
>> [1] Unless you count unauthorized releases.
> Are you aware of the t/blessed.t failures which happen in 3.06..3.09? I
> don't see a pattern here:
> http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Storable%203.09

I tried reproducing it and can't. Can we narrow down when this happens?

This release includes important fixes so I would suggest it stays,
despite it breaking in some cases, unless we can prove how common it is.

Any tips on reproducing would be appreciated.