develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: [perl #133131] Blead Breaks CPAN: Devel::Cover

From:
Aaron Crane
Date:
April 21, 2018 07:58
Re: [perl #133131] Blead Breaks CPAN: Devel::Cover
Message ID:
CACmk_ts1RgLdueqjDE9opoyed56ca3G9vrvZU=knTWKuECuKVQ@mail.gmail.com
James E Keenan via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 16:19:31 GMT, arc wrote:
>> This is a bug report for perl from arc@cpan.org,
>> generated with the help of perlbug 1.41 running under perl 5.27.11.
>>
>>     config_args='-des -Dusedevel -Dprefix=/tmp/blead -DEBUGGING
>> -Dcc=gcc-mp-4.8'
>
> Can you explain what 'gcc-mp' is?  Internet searching hasn't been all that helpful, and I can't recall seeing it mentioned in this list previously.  Is it something we should be regularly smoke-testing with?

The "mp" stands for "MacPorts", which is a software installation tool
for Mac OS. This in particular just a very ordinary GCC 4.8 build that
I've been using out of habit; there's no need to consider it a
separate smoke-testing target.

--
Aaron Crane