develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

META ticket for things that have to wait for 5.29.0

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
April 20, 2018 23:06
Subject:
META ticket for things that have to wait for 5.29.0
Message ID:
cf21b156-327c-e33b-1700-36ad72127f7e@pobox.com
Today I created this META ticket in rt.perl.org:

Since we're in code freeze, we should not be pushing to blead without
the pumpking's authorization.  Hence, bugs that are being reported for
the first time should be linked to the ticket above.

sawyer, I would like clarification on one aspect of the above.  If:

* a bug is reported and

* it is shown to have existed *prior to 5.26.0*, ...

then:

* it is not classified as a regression within the 5.27 development
series and ...

* given that we're in code freeze, no patch to correct the bug will be
applied until 5.29.0 is open; and

* hence, such reports should be linked to META ticket 133133.

Is that logic correct?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan