develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: Perl 5.27.11 is now available!

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
April 20, 2018 16:54
Re: Perl 5.27.11 is now available!
Message ID:
20180420193036.799e14a0@telaviv1.shlomifish.org
On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 17:28:29 +0200
Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> wrote:

>   And then, too, I had learned early to assume something dark and
>   lethal hidden at the heart of anything I loved. When I couldn't find
>   it, I responded, bewildered and wary, in the only way I knew how: by
>   planting it there myself.
>
>     -- Tana French, "In the Woods"
>
> We are hippity-hoppity happy to announce version 27.11,
> the 12th development release of version 27 of Perl 5.

thanks, Sawyer and all!

> You will soon be able to download Perl 5.27.11 from your
> favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:
>
> https://metacpan.org/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.27.11/
>
> SHA1 digests for this release are:
>
>   ac23a22da4c24d59ace86ced5c5e4834145d0982  perl-5.27.11.tar.gz
>   3fad428f8edb46284796ea106889a0c0e603c497  perl-5.27.11.tar.xz
>
> You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
> the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.27.11/pod/perldelta.pod
>
> Perl 5.27.11 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
> 5.27.10 and contains approximately 440,000 lines of changes across 200 files
> from 21 authors.
>
> Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
> approximately 440,000 lines of changes to 88 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.
>
> Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
> community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
> contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.27.11:

again - should it not be the "fourth" decade?