develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: [perl #132775] Blead Breaks CPAN:SMUELLER/Math-Clipper-1.23.tar.gz

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
April 20, 2018 08:15
Re: [perl #132775] Blead Breaks CPAN:SMUELLER/Math-Clipper-1.23.tar.gz
Message ID:
20180420081505.GY25122@iabyn.com
On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 01:42:29PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> slaven@rezic.de wrote:
> >#   Failed test 'rounding'
> >#   at t/008integerize.t line 208.
>
> It's failing due to the new correct output for sprintf("%.0f", -0.0).
> It is only the test that is erroneous.  The processing in that file uses
> the module's integerize_coordinate_sets() sub to round a -0.4 value,
> for which it gets the entirely reasonable result of -0.0.  It compares
> this against an expected result of 0 (implemented as an integer zero)
> by applying sprintf("%.0f", $_) to both and string-comparing the results.
>
> There are two possible fixes for the test.  One is to change the value
> in its expected-result data structure to a negative zero.  That would
> have the effect of testing that the sub under test produces the negative
> zero where expected.  The other option is to alter the way values are
> canonicalised for comparison to drop the sign from zeroes.  That would
> have the effect of ignoring the sign of zero.

Since its an issue with the distribution, I'll close this ticket.

I've created a cpan.rt ticket for the issue:

If life gives you lemons, you'll probably develop a citric acid allergy.