develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: [perl #133021] Removed the word "discouraged" from threads'documentation

From:
Tomasz Konojacki
Date:
April 10, 2018 23:13
Re: [perl #133021] Removed the word "discouraged" from threads'documentation
Message ID:
1523402019.2087959.1333623112.4EA82889@webmail.messagingengine.com
On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, at 00:44, Eirik Berg Hanssen wrote:

>   Context:
>

>>> Fine - add to the pod in your modules that they're not thread-safe.
>>

>>   How about we make thread support opt-in instead of opt-out?
>
>   That is, I was referring to thread support in CPAN modules.  I'm suggesting we document, in big fat (blinking marquee etc ...):
>
>   Unless a module explicitly states it supports threads, and you use it with threads, you're on your own and get to keep both pieces when it breaks.
>
> Eirik

Oh, I see, I missed the last sentence of your message. Sorry for the noise.