develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: [perl #133021] Removed the word "discouraged" from threads'documentation

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
April 9, 2018 07:51
Re: [perl #133021] Removed the word "discouraged" from threads'documentation
Message ID:
20180409075114.GL14242@iabyn.com
On Sun, Apr 08, 2018 at 10:23:20PM +0000, Christian Walde wrote:
> - perl threads can work fine under a certain load, but crash randomly once
> the load becomes too big
> - perl threads can work fine on one computer, but crash randomly on another
> due to slight module differences

Is this based on the idea that the ithreads implementation itself is
inherently buggy, or that some modules may not be thread-safe.

I'd be surprised if the former, and if the latter, surely that applies
to any "real" threading implementation in any programming language?

--
Modern art:
    "That's easy, I could have done that!"