develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

Re: [perl #133074] uninitialized variable and integer overrun inpp.c and toke.c

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
April 8, 2018 18:30
Re: [perl #133074] uninitialized variable and integer overrun inpp.c and toke.c
Message ID:
835c1522-f091-33ba-be11-9e378cbac60b@khwilliamson.com
On 04/05/2018 09:35 PM, Marc-Philip (via RT) wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Marc-Philip
>

> From: marc-philip.werner@sap.com
> To: perlbug@perl.org
> Subject: uninitialized variable and integer overrun in pp.c and toke.c
>

> This is a bug report for perl from marc-philip.werner@sap.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.26.1.

> Hi,
> we have some coverity code scans here. They have found this uninitialized variable in pp.c and the integer overrun in toke.c.
> Though it might be possible that these are false positives (no reasonable control path gets there), it's good to mute the scan here to better see other (possibly real) problems.
>
> I'm attaching a patchfile.
>
> Best Regards
> Marc-Philip

This is a duplicate of #133073, I merged this into that