develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

'cannot lock ref' message during push to origin

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
April 8, 2018 14:31
Subject:
'cannot lock ref' message during push to origin
Message ID:
20180408143113.18287.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
I got this output in my terminal when pushing a series of commits to
blead this morning:

#####
$ git push origin blead
Counting objects: 34, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (34/34), done.
Writing objects: 100% (34/34), 3.08 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 34 (delta 29), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: error: cannot lock ref
'refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/refsh/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale':
Unable to create
'/srv/gitroot/perl.git/./refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/refsh/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale.lock':
Permission denied
remote: error: Unable to create
'/srv/gitroot/perl.git/./logs/refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale.lock':
Permission denied
remote: error: failed to run reflog
To ssh://jkeenan@perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git
    2f49491..5baf666  blead -> blead
#####

I believe others have gotten similar, presumably spurious error messages.

Up until last year I would have known whom to contact about this, i.e.,
seveas rather than the perl.org sysadmins.  I understand that that
person (seveas) no longer works at the company hosting
https://perl5.git.perl.org/ but don't know who has replaced him.

Could we get clarification as to whom to contact re problems in our git
repository?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan