develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2018

[perl #132164] signed integer overflow in S_study_chunk(regcomp.c:5444)

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
April 1, 2018 20:11
Subject:
[perl #132164] signed integer overflow in S_study_chunk(regcomp.c:5444)
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-18055-1522613461-521.132164-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 23:19:46 -0700, brian.carpenter@gmail.com wrote:
> Whoops, that should be "signed" not unsigned.

The attached patch fixes this, and seems reasonable.  The value is getting initialized to effective infinity, and then incremented.  Just above, there is a special case to not incrment infinity, and it seems proper to do the same thing here.

But since I don't understand study_chunk(), I won't apply the patch until the middle of April, to give people a chance to say that it shouldn't be applied.

--
Karl Williamson

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new