develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

[perl #133021] Removed the word "discouraged" from threads'documentation

From:
Sergey Aleynikov via RT
Date:
March 28, 2018 00:49
Subject:
[perl #133021] Removed the word "discouraged" from threads'documentation
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-13613-1522198171-1265.133021-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 06:06:47 -0700, davem wrote:
> 10% isn't 30%.

My idea was to show that you can't attribute all the test run slowdown to additional threading tests. Probably, I should've made this clearer in that message. As for the total slowdown figures, it depends on the application, but it's still "free" - you get it even if you don't start any threads.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open