develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: Release 5.27.10 is available now!

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
March 26, 2018 07:57
Re: Release 5.27.10 is available now!
Message ID:
ec2b7672-4f5a-e9e4-f2a8-edde9241397d@gmail.com

On 03/24/2018 04:46 PM, Konovalov, Vadim wrote:
>> Hi Vadim,
>> One thing to
>> keep in mind is the level of code freeze we are in, which
>> might not allow this to be included, regardless of now or a
>> few weeks ago.
> Within this code freeze, 2 points:
>
> 1, I am not introducing fresh code/functionality, the suggested patch was intended to fix a problem with some of supported build paths.
> IMO this kind of fixes should be welcomed during a freeze, but I do not insist;

This change is not contentious or user-visible. It is also, IMHO, not a
code change. Arguably, this could be an exception in this case to
resolve the build problem. I think if it is reviewed on time and there
are no objections, we could allow it but we should wait until it is
reviewed.

(Unfortunately, there are few people reviewing Windows patches.)

> 2, When this code freeze started?

The code freeze begins several months before the stable release and
includes several levels of freeze to accommodate phasing out the types
of changes.

You can always find it in Porting/release_schedule or:

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/TODDR/perl-5.27.10/Porting/release_schedule.pod

Notice the above reflects the timeline before we decided to make another
release. The updated one is available in the file in the repo.