develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: 5.28.0 is pushed to May

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
March 23, 2018 19:30
Re: 5.28.0 is pushed to May
Message ID:
7960da70-3e18-58f5-3bf1-ad3da2c78cf9@khwilliamson.com
On 03/23/2018 01:13 PM, Sawyer X wrote:
> On 23 March 2018 at 22:03, Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com> wrote:
>>> TL;DR: Due to a request from the Toolchain and upcoming maintenance
>>> releases, we decided to push the release of 5.28.0 to May instead of April.
>>>
>>> […]
>>>
>>> The Toolchain has raised a concern that BBCs (CPAN breakage blockers)
>>> should have more time to be resolved, especially when the Perl Toolchain
>>> Summit (PTS) is happening in April.
>>
>> Would it be helpful for the Perl release schedule if, in general, we aimed to have the PTS in March, rather than April/May?
>
> I have not heard myself the concerns about the May releases, so I
> don't know how much of it a problem it is to move releases more
> officially to May. If anyone has objections or concerns, let me know.

I'm concerned that there isn't enough time after the PTS to incorporate
whatever needs to be done in time for a May release