develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: 5.28.0 is pushed to May

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
March 23, 2018 19:13
Re: 5.28.0 is pushed to May
Message ID:
CAMvkq_RxAb++_kJ6Q7+4Ps5=VQUgkoQ2BRY+9nWFi=eUCC3_FA@mail.gmail.com
On 23 March 2018 at 22:03, Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com> wrote:
>> TL;DR: Due to a request from the Toolchain and upcoming maintenance
>> releases, we decided to push the release of 5.28.0 to May instead of April.
>>
>> […]
>>
>> The Toolchain has raised a concern that BBCs (CPAN breakage blockers)
>> should have more time to be resolved, especially when the Perl Toolchain
>> Summit (PTS) is happening in April.
>
> Would it be helpful for the Perl release schedule if, in general, we aimed to have the PTS in March, rather than April/May?

I have not heard myself the concerns about the May releases, so I
don't know how much of it a problem it is to move releases more
officially to May. If anyone has objections or concerns, let me know.

> April/May tends to be better from the weather front, but most of the time is spent indoors, so it’s not that much of a bother if the weather is crap ;-)

I think this is also something to align with other events and the
attendees. I personally do not mind either one. If I see a concern, I
will be sure to raise it with PTS organizers.