develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: 5.28.0 is pushed to May

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
March 23, 2018 19:03
Re: 5.28.0 is pushed to May
Message ID:
274D332A-9D9F-478F-8D79-4E49D0E32BAE@bowers.com
> TL;DR: Due to a request from the Toolchain and upcoming maintenance
> releases, we decided to push the release of 5.28.0 to May instead of April.
>
> […]
>
> The Toolchain has raised a concern that BBCs (CPAN breakage blockers)
> should have more time to be resolved, especially when the Perl Toolchain
> Summit (PTS) is happening in April.

Would it be helpful for the Perl release schedule if, in general, we aimed to have the PTS in March, rather than April/May?

April/May tends to be better from the weather front, but most of the time is spent indoors, so it’s not that much of a bother if the weather is crap ;-)

Neil