develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

5.28.0 is pushed to May

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
March 21, 2018 09:15
Subject:
5.28.0 is pushed to May
Message ID:
5f97f7ff-0eca-ee0a-3f41-0508c9dbf925@gmail.com
TL;DR: Due to a request from the Toolchain and upcoming maintenance
releases, we decided to push the release of 5.28.0 to May instead of April.

Some people have asked why it's done in April instead of May. 5.12.0 was
done in April, but 5.14 till 5.22.0 were in May and people raised
concerns it was slipping away into late May. 5.24.0 was pushed back to
April, but then 5.26.0 needed more time (due to dot-in-inc) and was
eventually released in April again.

The Toolchain has raised a concern that BBCs (CPAN breakage blockers)
should have more time to be resolved, especially when the Perl Toolchain
Summit (PTS) is happening in April. Allowing the group to work on
blockers around (and possibly during) the summit before the release
would be advantageous. Along with our desire to release maintenance
updates for 5.26 and 5.24, we will be pushing it to May.