develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

RFC: Remove support for Ultrix?

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
March 13, 2018 18:05
RFC: Remove support for Ultrix?
Message ID:
c61fabfe-f1fb-6b73-f2e5-4816b127e47a@khwilliamson.com
There is some complicated code for Ultrix in locale.c that I've never
been comfortable with.  Now I find that the last release of this OS was
in 1995, and the last post in comp.lang.ultrix was in 2013 (ilmari
checked that)

I added this comment some years ago

/* XXX This is to preserve old behavior for Ultrix
  * when i==0, but I (khw) don't think that behavior makes much
  * sense */

I'd like to get rid of that, and from having to spend time on
considering this special case when working with this file.

I'm thinking we don't need to keep up support for this OS any longer.