develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

[perl #132561] miniperl segfault on blead (duplocale /S_my_nl_langinfo)

Karl Williamson via RT
March 8, 2018 05:36
[perl #132561] miniperl segfault on blead (duplocale /S_my_nl_langinfo)
Message ID:
OP indicates that e9bc6d6b34afc0063cc5 fixed this for threaded builds
and ee90eb2d40b6991488ee for non-threaded.

Discussion on this ticket has indicated a likely cause of this to be a broken duplocale() in glibc, fixed in 2.12.
There is currently a probe for nl_langinfo_l that goes to the bother of verifying that the implementation is indeed actually thread safe, since the POSIX 2008 standard allows some unsafe behavior (while still claiming to be thread-safe).

Apparently that probe fails until duplocale has been fixed.

I still intend to fix the duplocale probe to do a basic test beyond mere existence.

Karl Williamson

via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.