develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

[perl #132800] lib/unicore/mktables takes too long

Tony Cook via RT
March 8, 2018 00:05
[perl #132800] lib/unicore/mktables takes too long
Message ID:
On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 21:37:27 -0800, wrote:
> I also haven't anecdotally noticed any marked decrease in speed.

I tried running it under NYTProf.

I managed to find a roughly 10% speed up by re-implementing get_invalid_code_point() to avoid inverting the range list each time.

You can see the profile results after that change at:

via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.