develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

[perl #132894] Blead Breaks CPAN:MAROS/DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19.tar.gz

From:
slaven@rezic.de via RT
Date:
March 5, 2018 21:56
Subject:
[perl #132894] Blead Breaks CPAN:MAROS/DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19.tar.gz
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-13717-1520286988-1131.132894-15-0@perl.org
Dana Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:23:24 -0800, zefram@fysh.org reče:
> The Perl version difference that I see between 5.21.3 and
> 5.21.4 (on Linux with nvtype=long double) bisects to commit
> 8a00eddcbace6ea4d95ca7780e8ec310ce6feb88 "POSIX math: have the Perl_func
> wrappers for the C89 math, too.", which changes some POSIX functions
> to use the long-double versions of C functions on long-double builds.
> This goes some way to explaining the nvtype difference that I see on
> older perls.  It also hints that the OS difference that Slaven sees
> might be due to libc differences in these math functions.
>
> The perl version differences that I see on older perls (on Linux
> with nvtype=double) still look likely to be due to module versions.
> There's clearly more than one factor at work.

Link to CPAN RT ticket: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=124691

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open