develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

DAVEM TPF Grant#2 February 2018 report

Dave Mitchell
March 5, 2018 10:23
DAVEM TPF Grant#2 February 2018 report
Message ID:
I have spent the last month mainly doing two things:

Fixing various issues with overloading and the new multiconcat op. I
decided that rather than continue adding more and more special-case
handling to the existing code, I would handle the overloading in
pp_multiconcat() in a different way which avoids most edge cases.
This work is complete.

Making the parser die more gracefully if an attribute is encountered
*following* a subroutine signature (they were recently moved to precede
it).  Currently the parser tends to just spew a whole bunch of confusing
warnings and errors.
This work is also complete.

      9:11 RT #132760 BBC YANICK/List-Lazy-0.3.0
      4:11 RT #132772 Blead Breaks CPAN: TIMB/Geo-StreetAddress-US
     25:34 RT #132783 Blead Breaks CPAN: ADAMK/SQL-String-0.02.tar.gz
      3:57 RT #132875 Blead Breaks CPAN: ZDM/Pcore-v0.56.5
      1:00 ext/File-Glob/t/rt131211.t: fix timing issues
      0:41 fix noisy tests
      2:55 process p5p mailbox
      0:24 tr///c Deparse test failure on EBCDIC
     47:53 TOTAL (HH::MM)

 228.4 weeks
3010.3 total hours
  13.2 average hours per week

There are 123 hours left on the grant.

The Enterprise successfully ferries an alien VIP from one place to another
without serious incident.