develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

DAVEM TPF Grant#2 February 2018 report

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
March 5, 2018 10:23
Subject:
DAVEM TPF Grant#2 February 2018 report
Message ID:
20180305102334.GD3216@iabyn.com
I have spent the last month mainly doing two things:

Fixing various issues with overloading and the new multiconcat op. I
decided that rather than continue adding more and more special-case
handling to the existing code, I would handle the overloading in
pp_multiconcat() in a different way which avoids most edge cases.
This work is complete.

Making the parser die more gracefully if an attribute is encountered
*following* a subroutine signature (they were recently moved to precede
it).  Currently the parser tends to just spew a whole bunch of confusing
warnings and errors.
This work is also complete.

SUMMARY:
      9:11 RT #132760 BBC YANICK/List-Lazy-0.3.0
      4:11 RT #132772 Blead Breaks CPAN: TIMB/Geo-StreetAddress-US
     25:34 RT #132783 Blead Breaks CPAN: ADAMK/SQL-String-0.02.tar.gz
      3:57 RT #132875 Blead Breaks CPAN: ZDM/Pcore-v0.56.5
      1:00 ext/File-Glob/t/rt131211.t: fix timing issues
      0:41 fix noisy tests
      2:55 process p5p mailbox
      0:24 tr///c Deparse test failure on EBCDIC
    ------
     47:53 TOTAL (HH::MM)

 228.4 weeks
3010.3 total hours
  13.2 average hours per week

There are 123 hours left on the grant.

--
The Enterprise successfully ferries an alien VIP from one place to another
without serious incident.