develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: git server error?

From:
demerphq
Date:
March 3, 2018 07:38
Re: git server error?
Message ID:
CANgJU+W9fBrtiBC0fRefnGuXx+Rz=wdhRMcVXAJWDywYx0YdHQ@mail.gmail.com
On 2 Mar 2018 9:36 pm, "Steve Hay via perl5-porters" <perl5-porters@perl.org>
wrote:

On 2 March 2018 at 14:01, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> I just (apparently successfully) pushed a branch, but got this output
> (the branch mentioned in the error messages is unrelated to the branch I
> just pushed):
>
> $ git push origin blead
> Counting objects: 44, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (44/44), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (44/44), 39.39 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 44 (delta 38), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: error: cannot lock ref 'refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale':
Unable to create
'/srv/gitroot/perl.git/./refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale.lock':
Permission denied
> remote: error: cannot lock ref 'refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale':
Unable to create
'/srv/gitroot/perl.git/./refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale.lock':
Permission denied
> remote: error: failed to run reflog
> To perl5.git.perl.org:/gitroot/perl.git
>    ae09f00..be68a30  blead -> blead
> $ git status
>
> Does anyone kwnow what it means?

I don't know, but I'm also seeing this when pushing to blead and to
maint branches.

I saw it a couple of days ago and just assumed it was something
getting choked up in my workspace, so today I cloned new workspaces
but still get the same errors when pushing from them too.

Anything that starts with "remote:" is not from your setup but rather the
other end.

In general you should never need to reclone.

Looks like something is running on push that is encountering permission
errors. I'll try to take a look later today.

Yves