develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: git server error?

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
March 2, 2018 20:36
Re: git server error?
Message ID:
CADED=K6ndsGGYJ+vjfsj4kF-6VwDDz7mcAkgp4BP2m2_eNBbqQ@mail.gmail.com
On 2 March 2018 at 14:01, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> I just (apparently successfully) pushed a branch, but got this output
> (the branch mentioned in the error messages is unrelated to the branch I
> just pushed):
>
> $ git push origin blead
> Counting objects: 44, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (44/44), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (44/44), 39.39 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 44 (delta 38), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: error: cannot lock ref 'refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale': Unable to create '/srv/gitroot/perl.git/./refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale.lock': Permission denied
> remote: error: cannot lock ref 'refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale': Unable to create '/srv/gitroot/perl.git/./refs/remotes/gitweb/refsh/heads/smoke-me/khw-locale.lock': Permission denied
> remote: error: failed to run reflog
> To perl5.git.perl.org:/gitroot/perl.git
>    ae09f00..be68a30  blead -> blead
> $ git status
>
> Does anyone kwnow what it means?

I don't know, but I'm also seeing this when pushing to blead and to
maint branches.

I saw it a couple of days ago and just assumed it was something
getting choked up in my workspace, so today I cloned new workspaces
but still get the same errors when pushing from them too.