develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: [perl #132788] Blead Breaks CPAN:LEMBARK/Object-Trampoline-1.42.tar.gz

Dave Mitchell
March 2, 2018 09:40
Re: [perl #132788] Blead Breaks CPAN:LEMBARK/Object-Trampoline-1.42.tar.gz
Message ID:
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 12:56:40PM -0800, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
> I just want to point out that, as I mentioned in another thread, loading modules at run time is not an option for Carp.  It can be (and has been) invoked after a syntax error, which prevents BEGIN blocks from running.
> (I had forgotten about it when I first read this message.  I had to go digging through the logs to refresh my memory as to why we can’t do that.)

Also, we got rid of Carp/ because of the possibility of an error
triggering Carp which has an error loading Carp/ for whatever
reason and the reporting of either the original error or the loading error
gets lost in the resulting mess.

"There's something wrong with our bloody ships today, Chatfield."
    -- Admiral Beatty at the Battle of Jutland, 31st May 1916.