develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2018

Re: metaconfig: which repository do we use?

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
March 2, 2018 07:26
Re: metaconfig: which repository do we use?
Message ID:
20180302082537.2c1d4eb7@pc09.procura.nl
On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 15:55:18 -0500, James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com>
wrote:

> In github, I see these two repositories:
>
> https://github.com/perl5-metaconfig/metaconfig
> (last commit by Tux on Jan 15 2018)
>
> https://github.com/Perl/metaconfig
> (last commit by mauke and ilmari Oct 12 2017)
>
> Which is "official"?

The top one. I didn't even know about the bottom one.

> Specifically, in which one should someone file issues or pull requests?

The top one

> Shouldn't we merge these two repos?

I think the second might have been there to be a clone of what was
metaconfig before it was on github, so mere outsiders could also look
into it. mauke?

I just checked the second one, and it indeed looks like a clone that is
currently quite a few commits (I counted 111) behind the top one. I'd
suggest to drop the second.

> Jim Keenan

using perl5.00307 .. 5.27   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE