[perl #132788] Blead Breaks CPAN:LEMBARK/Object-Trampoline-1.42.tar.gz

Father Chrysostomos via RT
February 27, 2018 20:56
[perl #132788] Blead Breaks CPAN:LEMBARK/Object-Trampoline-1.42.tar.gz
Message ID:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:40:37 -0800, wrote:
> demerphq wrote:
> >To fix that without loading I would have to more or less
> >extract a nice chunk of the internals of into Carp.
> It would be reasonable to load when a reference arg is seen,
> in order to deal with that situation.  However, it doesn't need to load
> until that situation arises, and should not.  It shouldn't
> impose the loading of on programs that don't make stack
> traces.  There's a general principle in Carp of being minimal in what
> it loads, because of its unique role and its ubiquity.

I just want to point out that, as I mentioned in another thread, loading modules at run time is not an option for Carp.  It can be (and has been) invoked after a syntax error, which prevents BEGIN blocks from running.

(I had forgotten about it when I first read this message.  I had to go digging through the logs to refresh my memory as to why we can’t do that.)

Father Chrysostomos

via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open