[perl #132913] t/op/sprintf2.t: 6 test failures when compiling withg++7

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
February 26, 2018 18:57
Subject:
[perl #132913] t/op/sprintf2.t: 6 test failures when compiling withg++7
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-1285-1519671472-1973.132913-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 18:27:16 GMT, jhi wrote:
> On 2/26/18 19:32, James E Keenan wrote:
> > Today I installed the gcc7 package on both FreeBSD-10.3 and 11.0.  I
> > then compiled and build perl configuring like this:
> >
> > #####
> > sh ./Configure -des -Dusedevel -Duseithreads \
> > -Doptimize="-O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing" \
> > -Dcc="g++7" \
> > -Accflags="-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc7" \
> > -Aldflags="-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc7"
> > #####
> >
> > There were plenty of warnings during 'make', but since we have not yet
> > heavily explored building perl with gcc7 or g++7, I'll defer discussion
> > of them; 'make' completed successfully.
> >
> > During 'make test_harness', however, I got failures in t/op/sprintf2.t.
> > Please see attachments.
>
> Off-hand, since the only tests that started failing are to do with
> subnormal handling, and since the tests have previously passed (right?)
> with freebsd/gcc (some older gcc), maybe something has changed in the
> subnormal handling?

I only installed gcc7 (and, hence, g++7) on FreeBSD-11.0 for the first time today.

I previously installed gcc6, but where was some problem installing g++6, so I've never built with the latter on this platform.

On IRC #p5p, Tux mentioned that he had observed g++7 test failures several months ago at the time of the core hackathon in Amsterdam (mid-October).

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new