[perl #132914] Re: t/op/sprintf2.t: 6 test failures when compilingwith g++7

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
February 26, 2018 18:27
Subject:
[perl #132914] Re: t/op/sprintf2.t: 6 test failures when compilingwith g++7
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-323-1519669636-709.132914-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Jarkko Hietaniemi
# Please include the string:  [perl #132914]

On 2/26/18 19:32, James E Keenan wrote:
> Today I installed the gcc7 package on both FreeBSD-10.3 and 11.0.  I
> then compiled and build perl configuring like this:
>
> #####
> sh ./Configure -des -Dusedevel -Duseithreads \
> -Doptimize="-O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing" \
> -Dcc="g++7" \
> -Accflags="-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc7" \
> -Aldflags="-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc7"
> #####
>
> There were plenty of warnings during 'make', but since we have not yet
> heavily explored building perl with gcc7 or g++7, I'll defer discussion
> of them; 'make' completed successfully.
>
> During 'make test_harness', however, I got failures in t/op/sprintf2.t.
> Please see attachments.

Off-hand, since the only tests that started failing are to do with
subnormal handling, and since the tests have previously passed (right?)
with freebsd/gcc (some older gcc), maybe something has changed in the
subnormal handling?

CCing Zefram explicitly since he usually has a good hunch about these
things.