Re: MJD modules are orhapns; please adopt them

February 26, 2018 15:16
Re: MJD modules are orhapns; please adopt them
Message ID:
On 26 February 2018 at 12:05, Sawyer X <> wrote:
> On 02/23/2018 08:54 PM, Karen Etheridge wrote:
>> Please, please be careful who you transfer permissions to -- "any
>> interested person" leaves open the possibility that someone meaning
>> well could take over who is not sufficiently qualified to maintain
>> modules of such importance to the Perl ecosystem.
> Agreed.
>> If you wish to give up first-come permissions entirely, I would
>> suggest giving first-come to one of the PAUSE admins or the pumpking,
>> who can suitably vet any successors.
> Furthermore, any module that is dual-core should have at least two
> maintainers (or at least two co-maints). If you can also add "P5P" to
> those, it would allow p5p to make releases when either one or both are
> not available.

Is there a reason we dont just make Perl upstream for Memoize and
Tie::File and move these modules from cpan/ to dist/?

Then neither of these concerns are material. The perl5porters would handle them.