Re: MJD modules are orhapns; please adopt them

Sawyer X
February 26, 2018 11:06
Re: MJD modules are orhapns; please adopt them
Message ID:

On 02/23/2018 08:54 PM, Karen Etheridge wrote:
> Please, please be careful who you transfer permissions to -- "any
> interested person" leaves open the possibility that someone meaning
> well could take over who is not sufficiently qualified to maintain
> modules of such importance to the Perl ecosystem.

> If you wish to give up first-come permissions entirely, I would
> suggest giving first-come to one of the PAUSE admins or the pumpking,
> who can suitably vet any successors.

Furthermore, any module that is dual-core should have at least two
maintainers (or at least two co-maints). If you can also add "P5P" to
those, it would allow p5p to make releases when either one or both are
not available.