Re: [perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std

February 26, 2018 02:26
Re: [perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std
Message ID:
On 26 February 2018 at 03:22, Father Chrysostomos via RT
<> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 22:24:01 -0800, sprout wrote:
>> It already exists.  It is called UNIVERSAL::can (which we can use,
>> since we control it; even though it was designed for methods, it
>> happens to work for this case).  Unfortunately, there are (buggy) CPAN
>> modules that diddle with it.  Fortunately, Carp already has (partial)
>> code to detect whether that has happened.
> I’ve done this in commit 4efd247, because it came up in another ticket.  The use of ->can did cause CPAN breakage.

Personally i find this very irritating that you just push patches
related to this without properly engaging the feedback I provided.

On the same basis of unilateral imposition of ones own views without
debate, why shouldn't i just push a patch that makes Carp load It would be simpler, faster, and would avoid any need to
call can() at all.

/me irritated that you aren't engaging properly.