[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std

Father Chrysostomos via RT
February 26, 2018 02:22
[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std
Message ID:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 22:24:01 -0800, sprout wrote:
> It already exists.  It is called UNIVERSAL::can (which we can use,
> since we control it; even though it was designed for methods, it
> happens to work for this case).  Unfortunately, there are (buggy) CPAN
> modules that diddle with it.  Fortunately, Carp already has (partial)
> code to detect whether that has happened.

I’ve done this in commit 4efd247, because it came up in another ticket.  The use of ->can did cause CPAN breakage.

Father Chrysostomos

via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved