[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
February 26, 2018 02:22
Subject:
[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-23216-1519611767-800.132902-15-0@perl.org
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 22:24:01 -0800, sprout wrote:
> It already exists.  It is called UNIVERSAL::can (which we can use,
> since we control it; even though it was designed for methods, it
> happens to work for this case).  Unfortunately, there are (buggy) CPAN
> modules that diddle with it.  Fortunately, Carp already has (partial)
> code to detect whether that has happened.

I’ve done this in commit 4efd247, because it came up in another ticket.  The use of ->can did cause CPAN breakage.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved