[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
February 25, 2018 20:28
Subject:
[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-3831-1519590529-825.132902-15-0@perl.org
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:42:22 -0800, demerphq wrote:
> Isnt mycan slow compared to the internals version? Maybe in modern
> perls we should expose the internals function Zefram mentioned:
>
> (05:57:51) Zefram: annoyingly, the exact thing you want is available
> as a Perl op, method_named, but you can't get at that op in isolation
> through Perl source code
>
> That way BOTH carp and overload could use it in newer perls.

I’ve just submitted a patch against the UNIVERSAL::can module, making exactly that point: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=124585

(As I mentioned in another message, UNIVERSAL::can is that exposure of the internal function.)

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open