[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std

Father Chrysostomos via RT
February 25, 2018 20:28
[perl #132902] Blead Breaks CPAN: Class::Std
Message ID:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:42:22 -0800, demerphq wrote:
> Isnt mycan slow compared to the internals version? Maybe in modern
> perls we should expose the internals function Zefram mentioned:
> (05:57:51) Zefram: annoyingly, the exact thing you want is available
> as a Perl op, method_named, but you can't get at that op in isolation
> through Perl source code
> That way BOTH carp and overload could use it in newer perls.

I’ve just submitted a patch against the UNIVERSAL::can module, making exactly that point:

(As I mentioned in another message, UNIVERSAL::can is that exposure of the internal function.)

Father Chrysostomos

via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open