Storable auto-config logic is a nuisance

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 25, 2018 12:58
Subject:
Storable auto-config logic is a nuisance
Message ID:
CANgJU+X9q9SpNDbQTEx1Eu2jaZ--hDnDSh94RX2KvAngWYUU4w@mail.gmail.com
Sometime recently storable started doing a build time probe to
determine stack recursion limits.

This is annoying when building Perl over and over.

I also wonder if it makes that much sense, I would have expected that
most Perls are built in a different environment than they are run in,
at least in Linux. Thus any computations made in the build environment
have little relevance to those from the
run-time environment.

Regardless, it seems wrong that we run this stacksize detection logic
every time we run 'make'.

Can we change this so it reuses whatever computations it has made in a
previous run?

cheers,
Yves