[perl #132892] Possibly memory leak when matching strings usingpre-compiled regexes stored in hash key (perl >= v5.26)

From:
Sergey Aleynikov via RT
Date:
February 25, 2018 11:03
Subject:
[perl #132892] Possibly memory leak when matching strings usingpre-compiled regexes stored in hash key (perl >= v5.26)
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-16205-1519556580-602.132892-15-0@perl.org
On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 02:57:09 -0800, demerphq wrote:

> That sounds correct, but i dont think the regex engine has any way to
> know that this LEN=0 case comes from a key. Since we don't know the
> len we cant safely check past CUR.

But you can check for SvIsCOW_shared_hash, which guarantees it to be from sharepvn.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open