Re: Moderation

From:
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Tina_M=FCller?=
Date:
February 24, 2018 14:33
Re: Moderation
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.00.1802241453140.19611@perl-community.de
Hi #p5p,

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018, Andreas Koenig wrote:

> How much more obvious can it be: we're talking about moderation, the
> moderation team forbids questioning the moderation itself, deadlock.
> ("Any attempts to engage the moderators in further discussion of these
> topics, whether on- or off-list, will therefore be treated as actions
> warranting moderator intervention." found in
> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2018/01/msg248755.html)

I would like to throw in my opinion on this.
When I read this sentence in the new policy, I was a bit shocked.

I did not say anything because
* I'm just a lurker on this list
* I'm too busy with other things currently
* The policy said I'm not allowed

To me it raised the question if the new policy was only discussed
by the moderation team itself, or if other members had a chance to
add their opinion.

I've been a moderator myself, and I'm sure I made mistakes in my
communication, but it was important for me that the decisions I made, or
the team made together, were accepted by the majority of the community.
Without doing a survey, of course, I cannot be sure about that, so
I have to rely on people speaking out and expressing their opinion.

cheers,
tina