[perl #132561] miniperl segfault on blead (duplocale /S_my_nl_langinfo)

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
February 22, 2018 21:42
Subject:
[perl #132561] miniperl segfault on blead (duplocale /S_my_nl_langinfo)
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-3099-1519335744-1715.132561-15-0@perl.org
So, this should have a hints file change for Linux, that says certain earlier versions should not use the Posix 2008 functions, even if they are present.  This is because they've been found to be buggy.

The problem is I don't know what the cut-off version should be.  I know it works on 4.10, and it doesn't work on 2.6.24.  But what should the hints file use?  Suggestions for how to determine this are welcome. Or, if you have an example of it working on an earlier version than 4.10, post it, so that we can narrow it down.

Given that there is no further reports of failure, I'm presuming nobody has an example of it failing after 2.6.24, and so I'm tempted to make that the cut-off, unless further information and/or suggestions are received

--
Karl Williamson

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open