Re: [perl #132894] Blead Breaks CPAN:MAROS/DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19.tar.gz

February 22, 2018 19:23
Re: [perl #132894] Blead Breaks CPAN:MAROS/DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19.tar.gz
Message ID:
The Perl version difference that I see between 5.21.3 and
5.21.4 (on Linux with nvtype=long double) bisects to commit
8a00eddcbace6ea4d95ca7780e8ec310ce6feb88 "POSIX math: have the Perl_func
wrappers for the C89 math, too.", which changes some POSIX functions
to use the long-double versions of C functions on long-double builds.
This goes some way to explaining the nvtype difference that I see on
older perls.  It also hints that the OS difference that Slaven sees
might be due to libc differences in these math functions.

The perl version differences that I see on older perls (on Linux
with nvtype=double) still look likely to be due to module versions.
There's clearly more than one factor at work.