[perl #132894] Blead Breaks CPAN:MAROS/DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19.tar.gz

From:
slaven@rezic.de via RT
Date:
February 21, 2018 22:08
Subject:
[perl #132894] Blead Breaks CPAN:MAROS/DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19.tar.gz
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-1126-1519250890-718.132894-15-0@perl.org
Dana Wed, 21 Feb 2018 13:44:48 -0800, zefram@fysh.org reče:
> slaven@rezic.de wrote:
> >The t/011_nanosecond.t of DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19 test started to
> >fail at some point between 5.27.8 and 5.27.9.
>
> Fails for me in that manner on both 5.27.8 and 5.27.9.  On my test perls,
> it fails in this manner on all perls from 5.21.4 onwards.  So this
> doesn't look like a current BBC.
>
> On older perls I see it failing on some versions and passing on other
> versions in a really unusual pattern, which makes me suspect that it
> actually depends on which version of some other module is installed,
> perhaps DateTime::Locale.

Does not seem so --- I run the test script with Module::PrintUsed on the failing linux and passing freebsd system, and the only difference is:

  - Test::NoWarnings          1.04
  - Test::NoWarnings::Warning 1.04
  - Test2::API                1.302122
+ - Test2::API::Breakage      1.302122
  - Test2::API::Context       1.302122
  - Test2::API::Instance      1.302122
  - Test2::API::Stack         1.302122

... which is expected, as Test2::API::Breakage is loaded only if a failure occurs.

>  (DT:F:CLDR is failing where there's a new
> DT:L and succeeding where there's an old one.  I have an old DT:L
> on some versions because the new DT:L's deps have porting problems.)
> But there's also some dependence on the floating point format: prior to
> 5.21.4 I only see the failures on nvtype=double builds, while it succeeds
> on nvtype=long double builds regardless of the versions of other modules.
> (The failures from 5.21.4 happen regardless of nvtype.)
>
> I'll look some more.
>
> -zefram

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open